Girls Fall Outdoor Lacrosse Clinics — Register Now!
Kent Place School
42 Norwood Avenue, Summit, NJ
Dates and Times
Sunday Afternoons: K–9th Grades
Your choice of two time slots: 12:15–1:15pm or 1:30–2:30pm
- September 9, 16, 23, 30
- October 7, 14, 21, 28
This clinic is designed for girls who are ready to learn the sport, or take their skills to the next level in the off-season. No prior experience is necessary. We reinforce the basic skills of catching, throwing, cradling, ground ball pick-ups, dodging, shooting, and defensive stickwork, while staying true to the Sum It Up Lacrosse spirit of building confidence and having fun! In the event your daughter has a conflict, she is welcome to attend the earlier or later time slot.
Note: Clinics are one hour in length and feature the identical curriculum in both time slots. Participants are grouped by grade level, and where applicable ability level. In the event of a conflict on any particular day, parents are welcome to send their child to a different time slot.
Costs (fee includes a free t-shirt and Swax Lax ball)
Choose 6-, 7-, or 8-week sessions:
- 6 sessions: $260
- 7 sessions: $295
- 8 sessions: $330
- Girls lacrosse stick; sneakers; no mouth guards or goggles required; cleats are optional.
- Girls lacrosse stick; sneakers; mouth guards and goggles required; cleats are optional.
A Typical Day: What to Expect at Fall Clinics
Warm-Up: Horse and Jockey
To warm-up, our players for the clinic, we play camp favorite games such as horse and jockey.
Station 1: Clean Your Room Game
We practice long throws by playing a game called “Clean Your Room.” The team with the least amount of balls on their side of the room wins!
Station 2: Musical Ground Balls
Teaches the perfect ground ball. By learning to scoop properly, players can get an edge on the other players.
Station 3: Cascade Relay
Players work on flip padding by participating in a relay race! Flip passes are a great way to lose a defender on the go.
Station 4: Catching And Throwing Contest
To play the catching and throwing contest, whichever team consecutively makes the most catches and throws owns! It’s a great game to play at home, too!
Players of the Day:
The end of the day always mean giving out Player-of-the-Day stickers! Players who gave their all each week earn a coveted Sum It Up sticker decorated by our coaches!
What to Expect at Our Fall Clinic for Older or More Experienced Players
- At Sum It Up, we have a special curriculum for older, more experienced players who are are, in many cases, preparing to try out and play on their school and club teams.
- Developing stick skills and game tactics in a comfortable learning environment is a top priority.
- While younger players rotate through stations and play games to improve their skills, the older players experience more individualized coaching, similar to a semi-private lesson. They work with experienced coaches who focus on bringing their lacrosse skills to the next level.
There are no make-up dates for this program. In the event that Sum It Up needs to cancel a session, participants are invited to join us at any fall or winter clinic session in 2018 or 2019.
In the event of a conflict, a full refund less a $25 administrative charge is offered if you give us notice within two weeks. Participants can also attend another time slot during at any of the clinics this season.
In the event of a conflict on a specific date, your daughter is welcome to attend a different time slot.